It can be a hard task to clean snickers, and it becomes even more so when you’re dealing with Jordan 11 shoes. This is due to the fact that the uppers of the shoe are constructed with EVA foam, patent leather, and a quality mesh. In this piece, we’ll walk you through the proper procedures for cleaning your Jordan 11 sneakers.
How To Clean Jordan 11 Shoes
When it comes to cleaning Jordan 11 shoes, the two chores that are the most difficult to complete are removing scuff marks and cleaning patent leather. You may keep the leather flexible by applying a very small layer of petroleum jelly or conditioner on occasion. This can also be done with conditioner.
Step 1: Perform A Basic Clean
- It is necessary to clean and remove any free dirt particles from the surface of the shoe prior to performing a more in-depth cleaning on the shoe.
- Take the two pairs of Jordan 11 shoes and give them a few hard knocks against each other to dislodge any dirt particles that may be lodged in the soles.
- Use the bristles of a toothbrush to carefully loosen and remove any solid dirt particles that have become embedded in the creases and corners of the shoe.
- Using a paper towel or a piece of cloth with a gentle texture, wipe away any debris or visible dirt particles that are visible.
- Be careful to dust the shoes on a surface that is easily cleaned, such as concrete, or better yet, do it outside in the fresh air.
- Clean the bottom of the shoe with a piece of sponge or a tiny piece of clean fabric that has been soaked in warm water. This will assist in removing any stains that are only superficial. There are even enchanted erasers for stains that you can use.
This method can also be accomplished with sneaker cleaning wipes, which are designed to remove stains from the upper surfaces of shoes in an efficient manner. Baby wipes, which are designed to be gentle on the skin, can also be used to remove light stains, and they work rather well to clean clear stamps.
Step 2: Go For A Deep Clean
When the debris and loose dirt pieces that were on the surface of your Jordan 11 sneakers have been removed, it is time to perform a more in-depth cleaning on your shoes.
- Put some cold water in a container, and then add a few drops of dish detergent to the water. To ensure that the shoes are thoroughly cleaned, it is necessary to use this solution.
- You can clean your Jordan 11 sneakers by dipping the bristles of a shoe brush into this solution and then using the brush. Use the brush to scrub the surface in the appropriate manner.
- Repeat this process for a considerable amount of time, making sure to guarantee thorough cleaning by frequently dipping the brush into the soap solution.
- After you have scrubbed the surface of the shoe thoroughly, you should use cold water to fully rinse out the soap water that was left behind. Keep in mind that exposing the shoe to warm water might cause harm to both the glue and the fabric.
- Remove any excess water from the shoes by squeezing them, then patting them dry on a surface that is already dry. To soak up every last drop of extra liquid, wipe everything off with a paper towel.
- Now would be a good time to properly dry the shoes out. Put it in front of a table fan to hasten the drying process and make sure it gets done quickly.
- It is recommended to let the shoes air dry in the sunlight because this not only helps to eliminate odor but also helps to stop the growth of bacteria inside the shoes.
Step 3: Clean The Laces
To acquire the look you desire for your Jordan 11, the laces need to be carefully cleaned as well. Only then will the shoe have the look you want.
- A washing machine is an appropriate cleaning method for the laces. The washing machine should be run with cold water, and you should use the mild cycle setting.
- When placing the lace into the washing machine, a mesh laundry bag should be used. This keeps the laces from becoming tangled, which would otherwise cause them to become damaged.
- In the event that you do not have access to a mesh washing bag, you may use a pillowcase instead. Before putting it in the washing machine, make sure that it is firmly closed and then put it in.
- Put a little amount of detergent into the water in a bowl that is about the size of a bowling ball and fill it with lukewarm water. It is necessary to stir it thoroughly in order to get a solution of consistent density.
- After placing the laces into the solution, agitate the mixture for approximately ten to twenty seconds. After this, let it sit for about a half an hour before proceeding. This should clean the laces completely and remove any and all filth.
- Now, remove the laces and make sure they are completely dry. After you have removed the extra water from it by squeezing it, pat it dry with a paper towel.
Your shoelaces will get clean as a result of this treatment. On the other hand, as a result of regular use, the shoelaces become more worn out than the shoes themselves. For this reason, it is recommended that you purchase new laces if your laces have sustained significant damage.
Because we wear shoes on a consistent basis, they need to be cleaned and cared for in a specific way in order to keep their durability and look over the long term.
Step 4: Deodorize The Shoes
Even after washing your Jordan 11 shoes, it is a good idea to take some more precautions to eliminate the possibility of unpleasant odors emanating from your footwear.
- Put two or three tea bags, whichever flavor you like, into each of the shoes you’re wearing. You should do this. Keep them confined inside the sack for the better part of a day.
- Teabags have the ability to remove any excess moisture that may be present inside the shoe, which is the primary factor in the unpleasant odor. A tea bag with a clean aroma is used to give the shoe a clean aroma.
- Spray the surface of the shoe with a solution made of equal parts water and vinegar, which you should mix up in a spray bottle first. Spraying the solution inside the shoe will ensure that the insoles, as well as the rest of the shoe, are given the attention and care they require.
- Put the shoes in front of an electric fan to ensure that they are thoroughly dried before moving on to the next stage of the process.
- Put some baking soda inside of a bag and make sure the opening of the bag is completely sealed. To get rid of the smell, leave it there for a day inside the shoe.
Make sure that baking soda is not added directly to the surface of the shoe in order to prevent any potential harm. Watch this little video to learn how to properly clean a pair of Jordan 11 shoes.
How to Clean Retro 11 Jordans
Because their release in 2000 coincided with Michael Jordan’s comeback to the National Basketball Association, the Air Jordan 11 Retros are regarded as a significant moment in the history of the Jordan brand. The anticipation surrounding Michael Jordan’s comeback resulted in the Air Jordan 11 Retros becoming one of the models of Air Jordan that sold the quickest after its release. The Air Jordan 11 Retro is a shoe that has a reputation for being durable; nevertheless, it also attracts dirt like a magnet.
Frequently Asked Question
When should you clean your Jordan 11 shoes, and how often should you do it?
The frequency of use, as well as the amount of use, will determine the specifics of the cleaning procedure for a Jordan 11 shoe. On the other hand, you should make it a habit to frequently clean and dust your shoe and do so once every two months on average.
How Much Does It Cost To Clean A Pair Of Jordan 11 Shoes?
Cleaning a pair of Jordan 11s will only set you back a minuscule amount of money. The only thing you might need to purchase, which is entirely up to you, is an optional shoe cleaning swipe. Because the other necessities are commonplace products, the expense of cleaning Jordan 11 shoes is virtually nonexistent.