In recent years, there has been significant progress achieved in the push to legalize cannabis all over the world. As a result of this success, dabbing has become extremely popular. Even while the practice of drinking cannabis concentrates has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity, the practice is, in the big scheme of things, still in its infancy.
Because dabbing is still such a novel way of smoking, not everyone is aware of best practices regarding even some of its more fundamental components. This includes cleaning a titanium nail, among other things!
Because there is a lot of information to cover in this guide on how to clean titanium nails, we ought to get started right away. Join us at WeedRepublic as we explain in detail how to clean your titanium pipe, and roll yourself another bowl while you’re here!
WHAT IS TITANIUM NAIL?
The piece of your dab rig that you heat up and apply concentrates to is referred to as a “dab nail,” and it is known by this term. The high temperature enables the waxes and oils to vaporize practically instantly, and the resulting vapor can be inhaled for either recreational or therapeutic purposes. Titanium is the material of choice for the dab nails that we will be discussing today. Other common materials for dab nails include ceramic, glass, and quartz.
Titanium dab nails, such as [insert product] and [insert product], are without a doubt the hardest wearing nails that can be purchased currently on the market. They are not susceptible to cracking from overheating, in contrast to glass nails or [insert product here]. Even if you drop it from a great height, it won’t break because it’s one of the toughest metals on the planet. They are perfect for the clumsy person who enjoys getting high.
When purchasing a new titanium dab nail, there are a few considerations that should be given priority. The first is that if the metal is overheated for an extended period of time, a reaction can occur that changes the titanium into titanium dioxide. It will have the appearance of little white patches on the surface of the dab nail, and while it is not hazardous, it will have an effect on how quickly the nail warms up. There is an art to dabbing, and unless you are using a computerized dab torch like [insert product], you are going to want the metal to heat up in an even and constant manner. Even if you don’t have a thermometer, this will make it much simpler for you to get the ideal temperature for your cooking.
The second thing that you need to be aware of is that before you use a titanium dab nail, it requires a specific kind of treatment. This process is referred to as seasoning the nail, and more information on it may be found at the end of this article. Don’t worry about it; it won’t take long at all and will make the smoking experience a great deal better.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO KEEP MY TITANIUM DAB NAIL CLEAN?
It is crucial to keep a titanium dab nail clean, just as it is important to keep most other pieces of specialized equipment clean. If you’re new to the world of dabbing, you should make it a routine to clean your equipment on a regular basis. Because of this, you won’t likely ever have to undertake a thorough cleaning like that again!
If you have a titanium nail that has seen better days, one of the intensive cleaning methods offered by Weed Republic can help you bring it back to its former glory. Then, maintain control of the situation by cleaning during your breaks from the smoke.
HERE’S EXACTLY WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO ALWAYS DAB OFF A CLEAN NAIL:
- The rate at which the nail warms up might be affected by the accumulation of residue. You want it to heat consistently given that reaching the ideal temperature for taking a perfect dab is all about achieving the ideal temperature.
- Your future dab tastes will be affected by any leftover waxes that have been burned on. Because wax is so pricey, you want it to have the nicest possible flavor.
- If you use your nail with a bowl made of porcelain or quartz, the residue that is left behind will create a barrier between the two materials once you are through. This will lead to a decrease in the overall efficiency of the heating process.
- If you maintain your titanium nails by keeping them clean, you won’t have to replace them as frequently. This implies that you will have more income available to spend on those delectable concentrates that alter your state of mind.
How to clean your nail
How to clean a dab rig nail: method one
This first method is incredibly fast and simple, and it is the one that you should be doing in between dabs because it is the most convenient. It is not going to be effective against any titanium nails that are truly dirty. WeedRepublic suggests using one of our various other cleaning procedures for these kind of projects.
Consider the first way as more of a vital component of your overall dabbing regimen. It will make your titanium nail last longer and will also guarantee that any hits you get from it will always have the best possible flavor.
- Dab torch (like [insert product]).
- Metal scraping tool.
METHOD: HOW TO CLEAN A TITANIUM NAIL QUICKLY
To get your nail to glow red, heat it to approximately 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. You are able to accomplish this task while the nail is still secured to the rig itself. You may also use a clamp or some pliers to hold it while you heat it up as an alternative.
Utilizing the equipment designed for scraping metal, thoroughly clean the titanium nail you have. It should be very easy to remove the residue (assuming it hasn’t already been burned away, that is!).
Note: Before taking another dab, it’s important to let the nail cool. Unless you’re using a digital dab torch, you will have no idea how hot you have made the nail since it will get up to temperature much quicker.
Rather than guess if your dab nail has reached the correct temperature to vaporize cannabis extracts, wait until it cools properly and heats it up again using the timings you usually do to take your perfect dabs. This should stop you from incinerating your extracts, which often results in a black buildup that’s harder to remove, as well as burning off most of the psychoactive compounds before you get a chance to enjoy them!
HOW TO CLEAN DAB NAIL: METHOD TWO
The second method for cleaning your titanium dab nail is a bit more full-on. It’s ideal for restoring a muckier dab nail but still may struggle with the most stubborn resin deposits. If you have a habit of overheating your titanium nail before dabbing, perhaps you should skip straight to the third method!
- Warm water.
- Scouring pad (metal thing for doing the washing up) or 800 grit sandpaper.
- Paper towels.
- Take off the titanium nail that’s attached to your dab rig.
- Turn on the hot water tap in your home and let it run until the water is warm to the touch but not so hot that it will burn you.
- Scratch away at the buildup of resin utilizing the sandpaper or scouring pad at your disposal. To get the nail completely clean may require some further effort on your part. You don’t need to worry about damaging the titanium because it is extremely durable material!
- After you have done cleaning, continue to run under water in order to remove any leftover debris.
- After you have dried your nail with the paper towels, heat it up once more to get another hit.
This method is fantastic because it does not require the use of any specialized items (a scouring pad can be purchased at the grocery store, and sandpaper can be purchased at a hardware store), nor does it require the use of any chemicals, such as rubbing alcohol. The difficulty with it is that it does need quite a deal more effort than approach three requires (that is, when contrasted with technique three!).
How to clean a titanium dab nail: method three
This final dabbing nail cleaning tutorial is by far the best for the very dirtiest of titanium nails. However, it does rely on the use of chemicals (rubbing alcohol) and will take a while to get the thing totally clean. It’s worth the wait though because all that crud will come off effortlessly this way!
- Alcohol, either isopropyl or rubbing (your goal should be to obtain a percentage that is as high as you possibly can. Anything with a success rate of over 90% ought to be fine.)
- Ziploc bags.
- Salt. Coarse natural salt works great.
- Scouring pad or rough sponge.
- Paper towels.
- Freshwater (optional).
- In the Ziploc bag you have, combine approximately 150 milliliters of rubbing alcohol with one or two teaspoons of salt. You don’t need to worry about being precise. You just need a sufficient amount of alcohol to cover the dab nail completely.
- Put down the titanium nail and pick up your dab rig.
- Disassemble the titanium nail (if it has any detachable elements, such as a cup or other component).
- Place all of the components of your dab nail, including the bag with the mixture of alcohol and salt.
- Put the lid on the bag.
- Give everything a thorough shake, and then make sure the mixture is well distributed throughout the nail.
- The titanium dab nail should remain in the solution for the entire night.
- The next day, you can remove the pieces and use the scouring pad or sponge to remove any resins that may have been left behind. They ought should come off without any difficulty.
- If you want to use your dab rig as soon as you’ve finished cleaning it, you should give it a quick rinse in water before drying it with a paper towel. This is especially important if you plan to use it right away. This will ensure that the surface of the dab nail does not have any excess alcohol on it, which would be unpleasant to inhale.
HOW TO SEASON A TITANIUM DAB NAIL
If you have ever purchased a brand new titanium dab nail, you are probably aware that the first few times you use it, it can have a flavor that is somewhat unpleasant. Because of this, certain impurities in the titanium are left behind, which, when the device is first heated, will cause your cannabis extracts to have a metallic flavor. It goes without saying that you should avoid doing this!
Seasoning a titanium nail
In addition, questions regarding seasoning titanium nail or seasoning quartz nail are asked rather frequently. On this topic, I’ve always seen and heard reports that contradict one another. When it comes to seasoning a quartz nail or learning how to season a titanium nail, it appears that everyone has their own process that they follow. You want to know how I pull it off, do you? I don’t. I just dab yo. After heating up my nail and waiting the required amount of time, I dab that sh*t. The nail will naturally become more weathered over time. People have a natural tendency to be completely ridiculous when they are dabbing. I ought to know because I’m one of those individuals, but dumb things happen to me in my own unique way.
If you are adamant about seasoning your dab nails, I’ve seen individuals heat the hell out of their nail until it was glowing, and then place on it the equivalent of a half gram of reclaim. This works if you are adamant about seasoning your dab nails. folks have used their nice dabs, and I’ve seen others season titanium nails with their crap soup. I’ve also seen folks utilize their good dabs. When I was watching someone season a titanium domeless nail, I noticed that they mistakenly heated the nail to a point where it ignited the material when it came into contact with the dab nail. People have even tried to season those teeny, inexpensive dab nails with the dome, which is crazy to think of. In the event that you are not familiar with them, those are the miniature glass nail bits that come with a glass dome of some kind and genuinely seem like a nail.
WHAT IS SEASONING A DAB NAIL?
The process of getting a brand new titanium dab nail ready for smoking is referred to as “seasoning.” Before we can take a hit, this step is necessary because it gets rid of any metal vapors that can have an unpleasant taste. It is of the utmost importance to ensure that even the very first hit from a brand new titanium dab nail tastes delicious.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It is essential to season your titanium since dab nails, such as [insert product], can be quite expensive. If you are going to invest money in something, you are going to want it to function flawlessly the moment you take it out of the packaging!
In addition, people put a lot of time and effort into the production of cannabis extracts. Also, the cost is typically quite high for these. Because of this, smoking something without first seasoning it makes very little sense. The manufacturer of the concentrate most likely exerted a lot of effort in order to ensure that their product tastes as excellent as it possibly can. If you then decided to give it a metallic taste by smoking it on a nail that hadn’t been seasoned beforehand, it was a bit of a waste of time.
HOW TO SEASON A TITANIUM DAB NAIL
- Dabbing torch (a product like [insert product] will work great).
- Jug or washing up bowl.
- Fill the jug with cold water.
- Add ice to the water and leave it for a few minutes to get the liquid nice and chilled.
- Hold your new titanium dab nail between the pliers. This will stop you from burning your fingers.
- Heat the dab nail until it glows red. This will get any impurities in the metal to evaporate from its surface.
- Submerge the titanium nail in the water. You should hear a sizzle and see some bubbles from the water. This is good!
- Repeat the heating and cooling two or three more times.
- Viola! You have a perfectly seasoned dab nail! It’s time to take a hit from that brand spanking new nail!
What is that stuff left behind on my dab nail?
According to my most reliable sources, the substance that looks like black char and grows up on dab nails is actually just carbon. The ashes were burned, and the carbon was turned into dabs. It’s possible that there are some other components present, but the majority of it is likely due to the presence of fats and waxes in dabs that have not been winterized. It is also possible for it to be brought on by dabbing crap that still contains some plant material in it, most commonly some kind of rosin. If you wish to put this to the test, you will need a fresh nail and some distillate that appears to be quite clear. If you aren’t destroying your concentrates by overheating them when you take your hits, there shouldn’t be much of a trace left behind once you’re done. When people use coil pens, one of the reasons I usually recommend a decent flavored distillate is because of this reason.
Because of the striking contrast that the black carbon char creates against the white ceramic dab nail, it is much easier to see when it is applied to a ceramic nail. If you use ceramic nails, you should definitely simply quit and purchase a lovely titanium nail or quartz banger instead of continuing to use ceramic nails. In spite of the many benefits it offers, ceramic, in my opinion, is far too fragile, and it is an enormous pain in the rear to get the temperature just right. When the dab nail starts to chip and flake, I don’t particularly enjoy breathing in the ceramic dust that is produced. Cleaning the vast majority of dab nails and dab bongs, often known as rigs, can be accomplished with the same two tools. Salt and isopropyl alcohol will do the trick. Although there are a lot of items on the market that you may potentially test out and utilize, I’ve found that using the iso consistently yields the best results. Simply make sure that the % is as high as you possibly can get it to be. The 99% variety is my personal favorite. You can get it on Amazon.